Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Post Alpha-Bits Makes a Big Splash With the Kiddos

Post Alpha-Bits Cereal 
Shaped like the letters of the alphabet, Alpha Bits is a lightly sweetened oat cereal made by Post. With Super Why now on the box, it's clear the cereal's target market is children. Although sugar is second in the cereal's listed ingredients, it does provide whole grains and is enriched with a number of vitamins and minerals.

The boys in my household were quite excited to try Post Alpha-Bits cereal. My 4th grader wanted to use his superior spelling to wow us with his skills before eating them. It was fun watching him make his own letters when he gave up his search for and "I" and an "S". My kindergartner was excited to see Super Why on the box, and was encouraged to spell some of his class sight words after seeing how much fun his big brother was having.

Not only have they had them for breakfast, but as a dry snack.

As for me, I was happy to see them enjoying something that only has 110 calories in a 1 cup serving. It also provides 23g of carbohydrates, the primary source of energy for the body!

What I'm not so stoked about? That 10g of sugar in one cup of cereal (which is equivalent to 2 1/2 tsp worth). I wish they could get that down a bit without sacrificing the taste.





I received one trial box of Alpha-Bits through BzzAgent.

8 comments:

  1. I have a four year and an eleven year old - little girls. We love Alpha Bits. I haven't seen these boxes, but I'll keep an eye out at the supermarket. Also, there is no way to follow your blog. Do you have RSS feed or a Follow widget you could add? I'd love to start receiving updates when you post. If you'd like, you can follow me back at http://www.somewriters.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely follow you! Great blog! :) Thanks for the tips. My new blog is sadly lacking in several areas. I'll see if I can set them up and will let you know.

      Delete
  2. We didn't get to eat much sweeet cereal when I was a kid. As an adult I take advantage of that and eat entirely too much! I had all but forgotten about Alpha Bits until I now. Maybe I'll buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great bzz review. I like this cereal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two grand kids so I try to pay attention to the ingredients also. Good job looking out for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm craving cereal now!!! I'm gonna have to get some Alpha Bits in the morning at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this, and I know my son would freak with Super Why on the box!

    ReplyDelete